Friday, January 26, 2007

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

I am 22 years old and yes, I am still afraid of the dark. When I was younger I would turn off the light and dive into my bed and pull the covers over my head. When I moved out on my own I took a night light with me. True story. My last apartment I discovered that no night light was necessary because the street light was next to my window and it light up my room all night. While laying in bed last night I had an epiphany. I am fine in the dark as long as I can still see. It is that moment when the light goes off that scares me. In that split second before my eyes adjust I am surrounded by the unknown. I can't see what is in front of me. My faith is one and the same as my fear of the dark. When I can see what is ahead I am fine, it is when I am uncertain that the fear kicks in. The night light is what keeps me safe at night. In this dark world I can find security in God who is the Light. Our eyes always adjust. Sometimes that moment of darkness seems to last forever, but the light is always there. We just need to wait for the right time for us to see it.

8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home