Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday

Tuesday is my blog day. Every Tuesday I have promised to share my stories with you. This week I failed. So, today is my new Tuesday! Just today though…then back to regular Tuesdays. J Some of you may be wondering what happened this week. Life happened. I had writers block. I sat down to write my blog and my mind was flooded with so many different thoughts. None of which had anything to do with my blog. My harsh reality was it was Tuesday and I was going to be homeless on Thursday. One can only handle couch crashing for so long. It has been a year, four states, five jobs, a puppy, and two suitcases, a lot of tears, and even more prayers that have carried me to this point. Countless people have gone out of their way to help me get by. Imagine living a life on prayer. If God doesn’t answer your prayers you won’t survive. I feel like me life this last year has been in many ways a game of chicken with God. He tells me to walk by faith so I do. So many times it has become the day I needed to move out and had no where to go. I would pack and pray. A few weeks ago I felt overwhelmed and honestly scared. My friend Ross had let me stay with him for a month and it was the day I needed to move out. The plans I had made didn’t fall through. I was hours away from being homeless. Literally minutes after I began to pray I receive a call from my dear friend Ramin. He had come to my rescue again and found me a place to stay for a few weeks. I am tired of living out of my suitcase. I am staying with my friends Tacy and Dave right now. This week they were an answer to my prayers. Life is hard and often overwhelming. Sometimes it may feel like we experience more bad days then good. Some of you may even feel like you are living out of your suitcase. I am often reminded that this world is not our home. We will all cry, but we will all celebrate as well. Life is hard yes, but it also can be amazing. Like a storm, this too will pass. Hard times help build character. Don’t be discouraged. There is always a silver lining surrounding the clouds.

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.”
Romans 5:3

Devotional: How will you know the depths of your character? God allows pain to help his people mature. The key is to turn to God and rely on him for endurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home