Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pursuit of Happyness

Will Smith deserved his Oscar nomination for his performance in the Pursuit of Happyness. His emotions were raw, and his tears genuine. The story was that of a fairytale. The life of Chris Gardner, the man Will Smith portrayed in the film, is nothing short of inspiring. However, it was a story his son shared in the film that has stuck with me. While walking with his father in a scene, this is what he said, “There was a man drowning in a lake. He cried out, “Help me God”. Just then a giant ox came along and asked if the man needed help. The man replied, “My God will save me”. The ox then walked away. Again the man exclaimed, “Help me God”. Moments later a second ox approached and asked if the man needed help. The man replied, “My God will save me”. After the ox left the man drown. Once the man got to Heaven he said, “God why didn’t you save me?” God replied, “I sent you two big oxen you dummy!” I think that all too often we miss opportunities and answers to our prayers. We go through life with blinders on. Sometimes we feel like we are drowning. Don’t dismiss your chance of being rescued. Sometimes the answer to our prayers is right in front of us. We just needed to open our eyes.

Psalm 46:1

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home