Saturday, June 23, 2007

Patience

Have you ever gone to get into someone’s car and the door is still locked? To complicate things more, when the driver tries to unlock it for you, you are too quick at reaching for the handle that the door gets stuck between locked and unlocked. Frustrated, you then have to wait for the door to be completely locked and unlocked again before you can open the door. I think that sometimes I treat my life the same way as I do the car door. I am so anxious for doors of opportunity to be opened in my life that I don’t realize that my actions sometimes slow down the process. God gave us the right to choose the direction we want to take with our lives. He is always waiting to unlock the door, but sometimes we slow down the process by rushing to get ahead. Wait patiently, and God will open the door of opportunity at the perfect time. Don’t make him have to relock the door first.
"The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord."

Lamentations 3:25-26 NLT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home