Monday, July 23, 2007

Are We There Yet?

I have heard before that patience is a virtue; however, if you told me that when I was a little girl crammed in between my two brothers in my parents 1970s Pontiac Lemans on a 10 ½ hour drive to Disneyland, I’m no sure I would have been very receptive. I have learned that the amount of patience a child has is usually equal to their age. As we grow up we learn that good things come to those who wait. Life is a journey, not a destination, and we are all just a work in progress. Yet, how often do we find ourselves asking God, “Are we there yet?” Like little kids driving down the road called life, we often lose sight of the adventure in the journey. We focus on the long road ahead, and complain when things get uncomfortable. My most treasured memories of our first family vacation aren’t those of us in Disneyland, but rather the unplanned stops and detours that made our trip unforgettable. Life is like a never ending road trip, it is up to us to enjoy the ride.

"It is good to have an end to journey towards;but it is the journey that matters, in the end."
Ursula K. LeGuin

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
Psalm 32:8-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home