Friday, August 17, 2007

Fixing the Roof

Extreme Home Makeover is one of my favorite tv shows. Every Sunday night my mom calls and together we cry, and rejoice with each family that is blessed with their new home. We have a bit of a soft spot for these families, because our home is in dire need of its own makeover. Everything about our little farm house seems to be falling apart. It is such a mess that it isn’t something a little elbow grease and paint can fix. Getting started is a huge challenge, as each task involves three others projects just to get started. For example, we need to put in new floors. We can’t put in the new floors until we fix the fireplace. Every time it rains, water leaks from the fireplace onto the floor. Now this is when things get a little more complicated. We can’t fix the fireplace until we fix the roof. The roof is ultimately what is causing the leak. I love Extreme Home Makeover because the crew shows up, sends off the family, and in just one week the family returns to a beautiful new home. If only life were so simple. We all have our own dilemmas that we face. Like my parents home, not all are easy to fix. If you feel overwhelmed by your problems take them on one at a time. We can’t fix our house over night, but we can fix the roof.

Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.
Ezra 10:4

2 Comments:

Blogger Marci Day said...

I don't know if you remember me, my name is Marci, I'm the redhead that competed in the Miss Southern Oregon pageant that first year. Any way, one day I was wondering what you had been up to since Miss Teen USA and discovered your blog page. I've really enjoyed reading it! I admire you for following your dreams no matter where the road takes you! Good Luck and God Bless! Marci

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is just lovely.
greetings from Venezuela!

P.S. Extreme Makeover rules xD

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home